Review this week's message.
We are God’s workmanship, created for service to others.
“God wants us to be an active part of the church.” Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What businesses do you know for their great service?
- Are you a cat or a dog person?
- What makes Chick-Fil-A or Disney’s service different from other places?
- Where is your favorite place to serve in a church?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- Why is serving an important part of worship to God?
- How does serving strengthen our faith?
- Why are volunteers so important to the local church?
- How can serving others be rewarding?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- How has serving strengthened your faith in Jesus?
- How can you practically serve someone in your life right now?
- What talents and passions do you have that you can use to help others?
- How have you been blessed by a volunteer at Church Unlimited?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, thank you for being the perfect example of what it looks like to serve others. Help us to serve well, be humble, and live our lives to help others know you. Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Commit to giving one hour each week as part of your worship to the Lord.
- Take a spiritual gifts test to see the gifts/passions you have and how you can use them!
- If you’re not serving, ask God to show you what ministry you can get involved in.
- Serving is fun, but it’s even more fun with friends. Find a friend and find a place to serve together. You’ll be amazed how life-changing it really is!
“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago” - Ephesians 2:10
“The greatest among you will be your servant” - Matthew 23:11
“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms” – 1 Peter 4:10
“For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many” – Mark 10:45
“Feed the hungry and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon.” – Isaiah 58:10