Review this week's message.
We are not meant to do life alone.
“God designed us to be in relationship with others”. – Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What’s your family or friends’ go-to hang out?
- What is your favorite song to jam to?
- What’s the funniest joke you’ve heard?
- What is your favorite dessert?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- How does knowing Jesus understands our pain lead us closer to Him?
- How can social media make us feel disconnected and isolated from others?
- How does talking with a trusted person help your situation?
- What are aspects of a healthy community compared to an unhealthy one?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- After talking about what healthy community looks like, what needs to change in your social circle?
- How has being in your LifeGroup impacted your life?
- How can your LifeGroup leave an impact by helping someone else?
- We’re not meant to do life alone, so who can you invite to your LifeGroup by next meeting?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, help us to live each and every day in relationship with You. Lord, I pray over my LifeGroup that you move through each of us, drawing us closer to You and each other. Thank you for the community we have found in each other and the impact we get to make together.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Life is better together! Plan an activity or hangout with your group this month!
- Write down a few names of people you would like to encourage this week.
- Invite your group to start serving together at one of the services on Sunday!
- Bring someone new to your LifeGroup’s next meeting!
“I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought” - 1 Corinthians 1:10 NIV
“...confess your sins to one another and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much”- James 5:16 NAS
“Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another…” - Hebrews 10:24-25a NLT
“Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way, you will fulfill the law of Christ” – Galatians 6:2 NIV
“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity” – Proverbs 17:17 NIV
“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another” – Proverbs 27:17 NIV