The importance of weekly church attendance
Review this week's message.
Attending church is essential for spiritual growth.
“You don’t understand the power of the local church until you need the local church.” – Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- For you and your friends, what is your “go-to” place to eat?
- How did you end up attending Church Unlimited?
- What’s your favorite thing about Church Unlimited?
- Name a place you visit often.
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- What does spending time with others do for our mental health?
- What is one way that we as the local church can make an impact on our community?
- How does your week look when you attend church compared to when you don’t?
- Why is making church a priority sometimes difficult for people?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- What is a trial you’ve been through that God can use to encourage others?
- What excuses prevent you from attending church?
- How has attending church impacted your family?
- Have you been guilty of saying yes to too many things that have ended up getting in the way of attending church? Why is it easy to prioritize other things over the house of God?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, thank you for giving us the local church. Please allow me to be a blessing to the church as the church blesses me. Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Invite a friend or family member to attend with you!
- Commit to attending church every weekend for the next six weeks, then see what looks different in your life.
- Saying “yes” to too many things is a simple, yet common mistake. While it can make us feel like we’re being more productive, it actually does the opposite. Take a moment and look at your schedule, determine what you can say “no” to, then commit to weekly church attendance.
- Ask someone in your LifeGroup to hold you accountable to attending church every week.
“Those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God.” Psalm 92:13 NKJV
“I have seen you in your sanctuary and gaze upon your power and glory.” Psalm 63:2 NLT
“…the God of all comfort…comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV
“The devil prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering that you are.” 1 Peter 5:8b-9 NLT