At The Movies 2020 week 2
Review this week's message.
Walking in Christ-like integrity is the only way to a truly fulfilled life.
“Tell those you love that you love them.” - Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What’s your favorite Beatle’s song?
- If you live the life of any celebrity for one week, who would it be and when?
- What music groups have had the most influence on your life?
- What is your favorite music to listen to?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- Why does walking in integrity bring internal peace?
- Why is it important for your value system to be reflected in the environment you spend your time in?
- How can we use the Bible to live in a God honoring way?
- Why is it often tempting to entertain a lie in exchange for something we really want?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- What are your Top Five Values? What are your Top Five relationships?
- Jack was able to write out the Beatle’s songs in a world without the Beatle’s because he had memorized them. What would it look like if we intentionally tried to memorize Scripture and taken it to heart in a world that is trying to rid itself of Christian values?
- If you were to look at where you are spending your time now, what would you need to adjust so you’re spending the most time with the your most important relationships?
- Tell the group about something you’ve given up in order to keep your integrity.
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, thank you for giving us a blueprint on how to go through life with integrity. Help us to live genuinely, authentically, and purposefully. In your name we pray, Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- One of the biggest stressors in our lives is when we know we are living in a lie. True peace comes when we live a life, both publicly and privately, that reflects the values that Christ lived by. Now, make a chart with two columns. On the left side, write out your top five values. On the right side, write out how you are living out those values. If you struggle to think how you are living out a value, you now know an area that you can work on! Intentionally seek to live out those five values each and every day as you walk in integrity.
- Memorize Psalm 119:37 and recite it every morning as a verse that will help you live in alignment with God every day. Alternatively, choose a verse that inspires you to live life in the way God has put on your heart.
- Take your list of the Top Five Values and assign one to each day of the week, Monday through Friday. Each day, search for scripture that aligns with that value and pray over it on that day.
Help me turn my eyes away from illusions so that I pursue only that which is true; drench my soul with life as I walk in your paths. Psalm 119:37 TPT
There is a path before each person that seems right, but it ends in death. Proverbs 14:12
You’re only truly happy when you walk in total integrity, walking in the light of God’s word. What joy overwhelms everyone who keeps the ways of God, those who seek him as their heart’s passion! They’ll never do what’s wrong but will always choose the paths of the Lord. Psalm 119:1-3 TPT