Use Your Now
Review this week's message.
In a nation that is divided, we need to share God’s message of unity.
“You cannot fill a God-sized hole with an earth-sized substance.” - Cole Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What did you use to “pretend” you were when you were younger?
- What was your favorite class in school?
- What is a crazy thing you used to believe when you were younger?
- What’s your funniest childhood memory?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- How can we use what we have learned from our failures to help others?
- Why can it be difficult to stand up for what we believe?
- What is the difference between passion and purpose? What impact can we have when our passion and our purpose are aligned with God?
- Life is like a marathon. Why is it important to run and not walk our marathon?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Does your day to day life reflect your belief in Jesus? Are there some things you need to let go of in order to be a better reflection of what you believe?
- What is one thing you can do to personally grow in your walk with God?
- How has God grown you this year?
- Is your source of joy one of consuming or creating?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, thank you for the grace you displayed to us through your death, burial, and resurrection. Please continue helping us achieve the mission of Church Unlimited. In your name we pray, Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Pray for God to reveal someone in your life that needs to hear about the life-saving message of Jesus. Once he’s brought a name to you, reach out to them and let God lead the conversation.
- Take some time to write down your God-given passions. Write down what you would do if you knew that you couldn’t fail. Then, take time each week to put work towards that dream! God can and will do more through you if you rely on the strength that he’s provided.
- As a group, share the best ideas you’ve all had when it comes to sharing the message of Christ with those in your life, then individually pick one person to approach using one of these ideas. Tell the group next week how it went.
So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.” Matthew 28:8-10 NIV
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:16-20 NIV