The Gospel week 3
Review this week's message.
Baptism is a symbol of your commitment to Christ.
“Delayed obedience is disobedience.” - Pastor Bil Cornelius
“There is no expiration date to obeying Christ” - Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- If you could bring back any fashion trend, what would it be?
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
- What is your favorite kind of food?
- What is your favorite movie quote?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- What does delayed obedience mean?
- How does baptism illustrate our new life as a Christian?
- Why do we need to continually renew ourselves? What is at stake if we don’t?
- What are some ways we can walk in obedience to God?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
- Are you more like Christ this year than you were last year?
- What is something new that you can do to grow your relationship with Christ?
- Have you been baptized? If not, what’s holding you back?
- Tell the group about a time when you obeyed God and saw a blessing from your obedience.
Dear Jesus, I want to bring a sense of freshness into our relationship. I want to grow in my walk with you and give me the peace that only you can give. Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Do something different with your Bible study habits.
- Take a walk outside and physically pray out loud to the lord.
- If you have never been baptized, take that step this week and post it online!
- Encourage someone you know that needs to be baptized to get baptized.
“Simon himself believed and was baptized…” Acts 8:13 NIV
“Those who accepted his message…were baptized…that day!” - Acts 2:41 NIV
“Christ died for our sins. He was buried and he was raised on the third day.” – 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 NIV
“As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water.” – Matthew 3:16 NIV