Review this week's message.
God wants you to fall in love with Him over and over again.
“Remember when you fell in love with Jesus?” – Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What is your favorite camp, vacation or sleepover memory from childhood?
- What’s your favorite kind of pizza?
- What was the best date you’d ever been on? What was the worst?
- If you could have any food from any restaurant here right now for the whole group, what would it be?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- Why is it so easy to lose passion over time?
- Why do you think God desires to have a close and personal relationship with us?
- What benefits do we get by remembering how our relationship started with Jesus?
- What are common distractions that take our eyes off Jesus?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- What is something from your past that radically transformed your life?
- What would you ask Jesus if you could just sit at a table and talk with him?
- If you haven’t chosen to give your life to Jesus Christ, what is holding you back?
- How is God reminding you today to connect with Him?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, thank you for your unconditional love. Please restore in us a passion for you, daily. In your name we pray, Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- It is so important to take time to sit at the table with Jesus. At the very core of it all, Jesus really just wants to have a genuine relationship with us. Set aside a “date night” with Jesus this week and take an hour of uninterrupted time to just talk with him.
- Something that can bring back a fire for Jesus is the word of your testimony, or in other words, your story about how you found Jesus. If you haven’t, take time this week to write out your story. It can be a few paragraphs or a page, but by writing it out it will remind you of what started it all.
- As a group, if you haven’t already done so, share your testimony of how you met Christ with one another.
- As a group, come up with several strategies you can personally implement to keep your eyes on Jesus. Then, have each person choose one and report back next week on how it went.
“But I have this complaint against you. You don’t love me or each other as you did at first! Look how far you have fallen! Turn back to me and do the works you did at first. If you don’t repent, I will come and remove your lampstand from its place among the churches. Revelations 2:4-5 NLT
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and make me willing to obey you. Psalm 51:12 NLT
For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. Romans 11:29 ESV