Review this week's message.
God wants you to live out your faith confidently, boldly, and genuinely.
“Rather than trying to be an influencer choose to be a leader.” - Sadie Robertson
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- If you could be famous for something, what would it be?
- What’s the best advice someone has ever given you?
- What do you think of the crazy popularity of shows like Duck Dynasty, Fixer Upper and others built around Christian families?
- What is one thing you did when you were younger that you are proud of?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- Why do you think surrendering to God is so important?
- What is the difference between being a social media influencer versus a real leader? What does it mean to be a leader in God’s kingdom?
- How do we - and can we - stand out as followers of God?
- How can you renew your mind with a new voice?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
- How do you think you’ve done with living out your faith in today’s world?
- What was your biggest takeaway from Sadie Robertson’s message and story?
- How old were you when you embraced a faith of your own? What did that look like?
- Tell us about the first time you shared your faith with a non-believer.
Dear Jesus, we choose to surrender to you so that you can pick us up. Help us to reflect your love to those around us. In your name we pray, Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- God desires us to be lifetime Christians. Make a commitment today to surrender to God no matter what and to live boldly for him publicly as well as behind closed doors.
- Take a moment to reflect on the best piece of advice you’ve ever received. Pray and ask God to show you how you can renew the application in your life for today.
- Write out Hebrews 10:35 (see below). Commit that verse to memory and recite it out loud every morning.
- How can you be a leader for God’s kingdom today? Go around the room and point out how you see the person to your right leading in the church, then encourage each other to take those steps to lead as God has called you.
- Knowing that suicide is the #2 cause of death for young people in today’s world, as a group come up with a list of things you can all do to combat that with the young people in your collective sphere of influence, then commit to doing those things daily.
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2 NIV
So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Hebrews 10:35