Maximize Your Impact
Pastor Bil Cornelius
Review this week's message.
“If you’re really going to love God, then you need to love His kids too. “
“The only organization that Jesus ever started was the local church.” - Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What’s your favorite memory growing up?
- If you could take three things to a desert island, what would they be?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite year of “At the Movies”?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- How can we have a “Maximum Impact” on our communities?
- How does sharing or not sharing the Gospel demonstrate our belief that Jesus saves?
- How can we be missionaries without leaving our home towns?
- Why is “I’ll bring you to church” better than “Let’s meet at church”?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Who do you know that needs to be invited to church?
- What modern tools of the world helped bring your closer to Jesus Christ?
- What mindset helps you be a better ambassador for Christ?
- What do you currently do to invite people out (lunch, dinner, and other activities)? How will you leverage that influence to bring people to church?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, give me the strength and boldness to make a maximum impact for your kingdom. Help me to remember that you have given me all authority to influence others for your kingdom. Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Invite someone you know to church and afterwards take them to lunch.
- Find a creative way to use social media to invite someone to church this week.
- Take time to reflect on what words, actions, and behaviors make you a better ambassador for Jesus Christ. Commit to putting them into practice every day.
“There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” - John 15:13 NLT
“For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” - John 3:16 NIV
“Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations…” - Matthew 28:18-19 NIV
“I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.” - 1 Corinthians 9:22 NIV
“Two people can accomplish more than twice as much as one; they get a better return for their labor.” - Ecclesiastes 4:9 NLT
“Then the master told his servant, “Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full.” - Luke 14:23 NIV