God often uses a waiting period to grow us
· If you could use a Fastpass on one thing in your life, what would it be and why?
· What’s the longest you’ve waited in line for something? Was it worth it?
· Is there a scenario in your life where you should be waiting right now, but don’t want to wait any longer?
· What’s the difference between passive and active waiting?
· What do we gain by waiting on God’s timing rather than rushing to our own desired timeline?
· Share a time where you waited and waited, and it paid off big time.
· Describe a time you gave up on waiting only to discover later that you should have waited a little longer to receive what you wanted?
· Share a time where God “blinded” you while you were waiting so He could get your attention.
Dear Jesus, thank you for loving us. Just as children don’t like waiting for anything they want right now, we often struggle with waiting for what you have in store for us. We ask that you open our eyes to the ways we can grow while we wait for your perfect timing in all things. We ask this in your precious and holy name, amen.
· Make a specific list of things you can do to grow while you wait and share it with the group when you meet next time.
· Share this message with someone in your life who is waiting on God and offer to wait alongside them in prayer.
Wait for the Lord and keep his way, and he will exalt you to inherit the land… Psalm 37:34 NLT
A young Philistine woman in Timnah caught my eye. I want to marry her. Get her for me.” His father and mother objected. “Isn’t there even one woman in our tribe or among all the Israelites you could marry?” they asked. “Why must you go to the pagan Philistines to find a wife?” But Samson told his father, “Get her for me! She looks good to me.” Judges 14:2b-3 NLT
Finally, Samson shared his secret with her. “My hair has never been cut,” he confessed, “for I was dedicated to God as a Nazirite from birth. If my head were shaved, my strength would leave me, and I would become as weak as anyone else.” Judges 16:17 NLT
...a swarm of bees had made some honey in the carcass… [Samson] scooped some of the honey into his hands and ate it along the way…he didn’t tell [his parents] he had taken the honey from the carcass of the lion. Judges 14:9 NLT
“A priest must not ritually contaminate himself by touching the dead…” Leviticus 21:1 MSG
Delilah lulled Samson to sleep… then she called in a man to shave off the seven locks of his hair. In this way she began to bring him down, and his strength left him. Then she cried out, “Samson! The Philistines have come to capture you!” When he woke up, he thought, “I will do as before and shake myself free.” But he didn’t realize the Lord had left him. So the Philistines captured him and gouged out his eyes. Judges 16:19-21 NLT
Jesus grew in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and all the people. Luke 2:52 NLT
We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. Colossians 1:11a NLT
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. Isaiah 40:31a MSG
Then Samson prayed to the Lord, “Sovereign Lord, remember me again…please strengthen me just one more time.” ...Then Samson put his hands on the two center pillars that held up the temple. Pushing against them with both hands, he prayed, “Let me die with the Philistines.” And the temple crashed down on the Philistine rulers and all the people. So he killed more people when he died than he had during his entire lifetime. Judges 16:28-30 NLT