What you believe determines the life you lead.
· What is wrong with what the world teaches us about where to find happiness?
· Who inspires you as someone who found success by overcoming disadvantages? Why?
· Were you surprised at all by the successful people Pastor Bil mentioned? Why is their success surprising considering their circumstances?
· How does social media encourage feelings of loneliness?
· While many doubt themselves saying, “Why would God bless me?” What does the Bible say about our value in God’s eyes?
· What will it take to get you to stop believing the lie that’s limiting you and start believing God’s promises to bless you, grow you and prosper you?
· Pastor Bil said we needed to stop turning our cup over when God is trying to fill it – what does that look like in your life?
· Why would the enemy want try to push Christians to fall into lies?
· Share what you feel called to do, but don’t believe you can accomplish – as a group, call out the lies we’re believing and encourage one another to overcome them to do what God is calling each of us to accomplish.
· Did your parents ever make you think you couldn’t measure up to their standards? If so, how did that make you feel?
· Have you ever felt like you aren’t accepted, and nobody cares for you? What is God’s truth in comparison? As a group, share with one another why you do accept each other and care for each other – make sure everyone knows how much they are loved.
· How has that lie you’ve believed impacted those around you?
Dear Jesus, thank you for loving us, accepting us, and caring for us. Thank you for making sure we know you’ve made us for more, and that you have a plan for us; to prosper us and plans to give us hope and a future. Help us to fill our minds up with things that only come from you, and get rid of any lies that we have fallen for that weren’t from you. We pray all this in your precious name. Amen!
· Pastor Bil said we are prophets over our own lives. As a group, commit to speaking God’s promises over your own life and the lives of everyone else in the group daily.
· Write out a list of what each group member feels called to do, then as a group commit to helping and encouraging each other to make sure these things happen.
· If you are feeling lonely and unloved, let the group know right now. [Group, pray for them now.] If you are feeling lonely and that the world would not miss you if you were gone, seek professional help. You are not alone!
· Find a mentor in the next week who has done something that you want to do. Come back to group next week and share how you found them and what having them in your life looks like going forward.
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 1 Peter 2:9 ESV
So God created man in His own image, in the image and likeness of God He created him; male and female He created them. And God blessed them… Genesis 1:27-28a AMP
“And I commanded you at that time, saying, ‘The Lord your God has given you this land to possess.’” Deuteronomy 3:18 ESV
“Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26 NLT
God blessed them: “Prosper! Reproduce! Fill Earth! Take charge! Be responsible for fish in the sea and birds
in the air, for every living thing that moves on the face of Earth.” Genesis 1:28 MSG
So then you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with the saints, and members of God’s household… Ephesians 2:19 HCSB
God has made us what we are. He has created us in Christ Jesus to live lives filled with good works that he has prepared for us to do. Ephesians 2:10 GW
So we, numerous as we are, are one body in Christ (the Messiah) and individually we are parts one of another [mutually dependent on one another]. Romans 12:5 AMP
But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” And God said, “I will be with you.” Exodus 3:11-12a NIV