At The Movies: Week Three
Review this week's message.
When you pray, don't be surprised when God answers.
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- What is your favorite summer activity to do?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- What is your coffee shop order? (take notes everyone!)
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- We would be amazed by the way God would answer our prayers, if only we would ask in faith. What do you need to believe God for again in your life?
- Name a time in your life when God has answered a prayer in an unconventional way. What did you learn about God during that time? Did it grow your faith?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
- Omar grew up an orphan and used his experience to help other boys that were orphaned themselves. Think about your own past, what have you went through that you can use to help others that are going through something similar?
- Doing the right thing when no one is looking is what defines our character. How can you do the right thing even in times of extreme pressure like Omar did?
Jesus, help me to believe you again for BIG things. Give me the faith to trust you! Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
Think about a BIG prayer that you were praying at one point, but have stopped believing for. It's time to start praying it again!