At The Movies 2020 week 3
The Peanut Butter Falcon
Review this week's message.
Your spiritual family will believe in you, walk with you, and invest in you.
“Family doesn’t always mean ‘biological’… it gave God great pleasure to adopt us into His family.” - Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- If you had a wrestling name, what would it be? If you can’t think of a name, ask the group to give you one.
- What sports figure or celebrity inspired you as a kid?
- What’s been your favorite At The Movies film so far? (from this year or any past series)
- If you could meet, and get trained by, any celebrity who would it be?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- Pastor Bil said, “who you spend time with will determine who you become.” Why do you think that happens?
- Why does giving to others play a role in our own healing and wholeness?
- How does a spiritual family invest in each other?
- What can it mean for someone to learn they’re part of God’s spiritual family?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- How has your spiritual family walked with you through times of trouble?
- Name the people in your spiritual family & what they mean to you.
- When was a time you found healing and wholeness through giving to others?
- What is your new name, or calling/identity, as a member of God’s family?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, thank you for giving us a spiritual family who believes in us, walks with us, and invests in our growth. Please help us bless them as much as they bless us. In your name we pray, Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Pray for God to reveal someone close who you can invite into your spiritual family this week.
- Write down the names of all your spiritual family members, then spend a few minutes each day this week praying for them.
- Share the online campus with someone who may be geographically distanced from you. https://churchunlimited.online/
- Find healing and wholeness by serving others. One opportunity to do this is by signing up to serve at Church Unlimited at https://churchunlimited.com/serve.
God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. Ephesians 1:5 NLT
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble. Proverbs 13:20 NLT
A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need. Proverbs 17:17 NLT
The nations will see your righteousness. World leaders will be blinded by your glory. And you will be given a new name by the Lord’s own mouth. Isaiah 62:2 NLT
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17 NIV