Things I Would Tell my 18-Year-Old Self
Grad Weekend 2021
Review this week's message.
Nothing in our lives will change until we do.
“The fact that you can make a difference is the reason that you should make a difference.” Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What was your favorite TV show as a kid?
- What were you doing at 18 years old?
- What’s your favorite memory from high school?
- Would you rather travel back in time or forward in the future?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- What does showing grace towards someone practically look like?
- How do you start creating a better future for yourself?
- Why are habits, even small ones, so important in preparing for your future?
- Why are we often prone to wait it out for better conditions?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- What things would you tell your 18-year-old self?
- Who is someone from the younger generation that you can be mentoring right now?
- What is the most powerful advice you’ve ever been given?
- What can keep you from getting serious about your faith?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, thank you for saving us! Help us as we take steps to better our future and develop better habits so we can glorify you. In your name we pray, Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Be praying for the students who will be leaving for student camp next week!
- Join one of our Next Gen teams to invest in the younger generation.
- Commit to one step with someone to hold you accountable to getting serious with your faith.
Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin.. Zechariah 4:10 NLT
Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. Ephesians 4:31-32 NLT
So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9 NLT
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13 NLT
If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done. Ecclesiastes 11:4 NLT
This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 NLT