Sex glorifies God when it’s done as He designed it.
· What was the “sex talk” like when you were growing up?
· What did you think of Pastor Bil’s fire analogy? Share a story of a time you saw what happens when fire escapes it’s boundaries.
· Why do you think sexually suggestive themes are on the rise in TV, movies, social media and advertising?
· How do you think our society has twisted sex? Why?
· What’s the negative impact when we treat God’s gift of sex casually? Why would He want us to save sex for marriage?
· Because of euphoric memory, what is the harm in sexually fantasizing of other people?
· Reviewing the scriptures with this sermon message, what surprises you about how the Bible discusses sex?
· When was the last time you “got naked” and got real with someone in your life?
· If you’re comfortable doing so, share a time when something sexual outside the boundaries of marriage caused damage in your life or the life of someone close to you.
Dear Jesus, thank you for loving us. Thank you for giving us the gift of sex and for giving Pastor Bil the word to share with us on how you intended it to be. Please forgive us if we’ve ever treated your covenants casually. We ask that you help us, give us the strength to keep ourselves pure and our marriages pure while holding each other accountable to do the same. Thank you, Jesus. We love you and it’s in your name we pray. Amen.
· Go around the room and commit to each other that you will honor your marriage covenant – singles commit to remaining pure until you are married and those already married commit to keeping your marriage pure from now until death do you part.
· Commit to holding others in your life, people outside this LifeGroup, accountable.Take the first step by inviting them to Church Unlimited or to this LifeGroup.
· Go cold turkey on any and all things sexual that are not your spouse. Lock-in and focus on your spouse.
“...and they shall become one flesh…the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.” Genesis 2:24-25 ESV
“But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.” 1 Corinthians 7:2-5 ESV
“May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer—may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be intoxicated with her love.” Proverbs 5:18-19 NIV
“I am slim, tall, and full-breasted, and I have found favor in my lover’s eyes.” Song of Solomon 8:10 TLB
“Oh, how beautiful you are! How pleasing, my love, how full of delights! You are slender like a palm tree, and your breasts are like its clusters of fruit. I said, ‘I will climb the palm tree and take hold of its fruit.’” Song of Solomon 7:6-8 NLT
“The Girl: ‘Come, north wind, awaken; come, south wind, blow upon my garden and waft its lovely perfume to my beloved. Let him come into his garden and eat its choicest fruits.’” Song of Solomon 4:16 TLB
“She: ‘As an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men. With great delight I sat in his shadow, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.’” Song of Solomon 2:3-4 ESV
“His left hand is under my head. His right hand caresses me.” Song of Solomon 2:6 GW
“’I’m in my nightgown—do you expect me to get dressed? I’m bathed and in bed—do you want me to get dirty?’” But my lover wouldn’t take no for an answer, and the longer he knocked, the more excited I became. I got up to open the door to my lover, sweetly ready to receive him…” Song of Solomon 5:3-7 MSG
“Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.” 1 Corinthians 6:18 ESV
“...why do we betray each other, violating the covenant of our ancestors? …You cry out, ‘Why doesn’t the Lord accept my worship?’ I’ll tell you why! Because the Lord witnessed the vows you and your wife made when you were young. But you have been unfaithful to her, though she remained your faithful partner, the wife of your marriage vows.” Malachi 2:10, 14 NLT (see also Deuteronomy 22)
“’...the two are united into one.’ This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one.” Ephesians 5:31-32 NLT