Needed and Known
Pastor Dante Paiz
Review this week's message.
You were created to serve!
“Spiritual maturity comes from applying God’s word and doing God’s work.” –Pastor Dante Paiz
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What’s your favorite book you’ve read recently?
- What is the best gift someone ever gave you?
- What business comes to mind when you think about great customer service?
- If you’re already serving at church, what is your favorite part about where you serve?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- Why should we want to grow in our relationship with Jesus?
- What does it mean to be a servant in today’s culture?
- How would the world change if everyone in the church served others?
- Is serving a vital part of our worship and spiritual development?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Do you feel that you’ve been a spiritual consumer or a contributor?
- What are your passions and giftings that you feel you can use for God?
- How has serving others transformed your life?
- How have you seen serving make an impact on the lives of others?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, thank you for modeling the way on what it means to be a humble servant. Help us to follow in your footsteps to show people your love. In your name we pray, Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Pick one person in your sphere of influence to serve this week.
- Start a Bible plan on the YouVersion app with a friend this week.
- Sign up for a place to serve at Church Unlimited where you can use your passions for God!
- Invite someone to start serving with you.
..Christ gave to the church..pastors and teachers…to equip God’s people to do his work [ministry] and build up the church…This will continue until we all come to…be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ. Ephesians 4:11-13 NLT
..be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. James 1:22 ESV
“Whoever wants to become great must be your servant.” Matthew 20:26 NIV
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10 ESV
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. 1 Peter 4:10 NLT
All of you together are the one body of Christ, and each one of you is a separate and necessary part of it. 1 Corinthians 12:27b TLB
The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand. Psalm 37:23-24 NLT