God uses your confession to forgive you, restore you, and transform you.
· What does it feel like, physically and emotionally, to be healed from an injury or illness?
· What comes to mind when you hear the word “confession”?
· What is it like to have a fresh start?
· Why is living in guilt like saying we do not believe in Jesus Christ to heal us?
· What do you think of the idea that God forgives you forever if you just confess? No guilt, no shame, just love.
· In what ways does your confession demonstrate that God is real?
· Share a time when conviction made you stop committing a sin.
· How have you seen confession serve as a witness to God’s grace and glory?
· God sees us as what we can become. What positive things about yourself can you confess as if God has already made that transformation in you?
Dear Jesus, thank you for the power of confession and the infinite forgiveness that comes with it. We ask that You help us remember to always confess, always listen to conviction and always have someone in our lives we can share our faults with for accountability. Please remind us that in our weakness, Your strength is glorified. Thank You, we love You and in Your holy name we pray. Amen.
· Challenge yourselves to confess a struggle you have to one person you trust within the LifeGroup, then commit to holding each other accountable.
· Write out a list of positive confessions over your life as if God has already made that transformation in you. Confess/read this list out loud every day.
“Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, ‘I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.’ And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.” Psalm 32:5 NLT
“If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts.” 1 John 1:8-10 NLT
“People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy.” Proverbs 28:13 NLT
“Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.” James 5:16 NLT
“...let the weak say, I am strong!” Joel 3:10 AMP
“If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.” Romans 10:9-10 ESV
“We’re always gonna behave in a way that is consistent with how we view ourselves.” - Dharius Daniels
“Why, we even saw the…giants…Alongside them we felt like grasshoppers. And they looked down on us as if we were grasshoppers.” Numbers 13:33 MSG