You are important in God’s eyes – let that truth set you free
· Name some lies you’ve seen people believe.
· Do you have to teach a kid to lie? Why do you think they pick up on lying so quickly?
· How can social media be a way to promote a lie about yourself?
· What would happen to a soldier if they went into battle with no armor or weapons?
· Why do we tend to think it’s ok to go into battle every day without God’s armor and weapons?
· What’s the point of wearing a belt? How does putting on the Belt of Truth impact our spiritual life?
· How would your life change if you could always see yourself with the value God places on you?
· Why is it so easy to think negatively rather than positively about ourselves or others?
· Share a lie you’ve fallen for in your life and how this has undermined your true value.
· Share an area where you need to hear Godly encouragement in your life to overcome a lie you’ve been told.
· Have you ever been betrayed by someone in the past? How is that betrayal impacting your relationships today?
· What lie is stopping you from Leading your own LifeGroup? If you’re already leading one, what lie delayed your leadership?
Dear Jesus, we realize we need you. We need your truths to overcome the lies we believe. We need your love to help us realize we’re chosen, valuable and cherished by you. You created us for a special purpose, please give us the courage and strength to overcome the lies that keep us from living out that purpose. We ask all this in Jesus’ name. Amen.
· Commit to telling everyone in the group how important they are to you and God every day for the next month. Then take note of how all of you feel about your own worth at the end of the month.
· Share again the lie you’ve fallen for that was stated above. Let each group member share why that is a lie and what the real truth is about you.
· Share the biggest hurdle you had to overcome to join a LifeGroup, then discuss how you can all use that information to help others overcome in order to grow LifeGroups all over the church.
“...there is no truth in [the Devil]. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” John 8:44b NAS
Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth… Ephesians 6:11-14 NLT
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 ESV
Since you have been chosen by God who has given you this new kind of life, and because of his deep love and concern for you, you should practice tenderhearted mercy and kindness to others. Colossians 3:12a TLB
“What’s the price of two or three pet canaries? Some loose change, right? But God never overlooks a single one. And he pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail—even numbering the hairs on your head! ...You’re worth more than a million canaries.” Luke 12:6-7 MSG
Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7 NRSV
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. Psalm 118:8 ESV
...love one another. 1 John 3:11 NLT
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:7 ESV
[the devil] prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are. 1 Peter 5:8b-9 NLT