Honor God like never before to see Him do something to transform you like never before.
· Name off some of the craziest New Year’s resolutions you’ve ever heard.
· What did God have new for you in 2018? What do you hope He has new for you in 2019?
· Is it better to take action with what you have now or wait for perfect conditions? Why?
· People tend to make excuses for not spending time with God. What are statements you can say instead on why you must intentionally spend time with God?
· Are you truly loving the people God gave you? What does that look like?
· What do we miss out on by not intentionally spending time with God?
· How can having regular quiet time with God impact your day, week, year?
· If you lived for God like never before, what would that look like?
· If 2018 was a down year, how will you bounce back in 2019? If 2018 was a great year, how will you build on it for 2019?
· What has God put on your heart to initiate for Him In 2019?
Dear Jesus, thank you for helping us prepare to rumble for your glory in 2019. All that we are is because of you. You are the greatest gift we have been given. Help us to intentionally make room for You in our lives so that we may be transformed into something new. We pray that we take initiative now that will honor You in the new year. Let us live for You like never before. Let our lives be an expression of Your love. We believe that we will see You transform us as well as those who see what You are doing from within our hearts. In Your holy name we pray, Lord. Amen.
· Write out a list of what you will initiate in 2019 and include the resources you already have to get you started and share it with the group. Once you have a plan, get started. Take initiative!
· If you aren’t spending time with God daily, commit to doing so now. If you are, ask Him to show you how you can build on it in 2019.
Navigate to this website for daily scripture readings in 2019 and beyond: http://oneyearbibleonline.com/
“Do not waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives’ tales. Instead, train yourself to be godly. ‘Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.’” 1 Timothy 4:7-8 NLT
“So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” 1 Peter 5:6-7 NLT
“Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him…” Philippians 3:8-9 NLT
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith…” Hebrews 12:1-2 NLT