Review this week's message.
Trust in God, follow his Word and he will launch your life in amazing ways.
“Your fuel may be low, but remember God is in control.” - Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What’s the coolest technological advancement you’ve seen in your lifetime?
- If you could take a trip into space, would you? Where would you want to go?
- If you could be present for one of the six days of creation, which part would you like to have witnessed?
- What do you think about NASA and space exploration? Do you think we should we continue or focus that energy on Earthly things instead?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- Why are step-by-step instructions valuable to us?
- Why are so many children afraid of the dark?
- What did you do the last time you had a power outage at home?
- What do you think life would be like if we didn’t have electricity at all?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- What is God leading you to do differently this year? Why do you believe he is leading you that way?
- Are you having alone time every day with God? What does that look like?
- Do you know what plan God has for your life? If so, tell the group about it. If not, tell the group what passions, talents and skills God has wired you with, then as a group brainstorm how God gave you those things to achieve His plan for your life.
- How do you want to grow in your relationship with God this year and this decade?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, thank you for your light. Help us to follow you boldly in this new year and to launch our lives in a way that only you can get the glory! In your name we pray, Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Our mantra for 2020 is “Don’t Be Afraid.” Don’t be afraid of taking a step of faith, developing new habits, and honoring God in your life. Whatever you feel God is leading you to do differently this year, commit to doing it starting today and have your LifeGroup keep you accountable.
- Success comes from having and working a plan. Write down what you really want to do in life. Include all the barriers you may be facing. With each barrier, change the wording from What-is-stopping-me to How-can-I-overcome-this-challenge. Put your steps in the right order and then follow your steps towards the success you dream of having.
- We should let God work in the voids we feel in our lives rather than fill it with things that will not bring true joy. Identify the areas in your life you feel an emptiness and seek God for comfort. Be content with releasing your pain to Him. God will work through your voids and change you from within.
- Fear makes us say “I can’t…” but with God on our side, we know we can do all things. Go around the room and complete this sentence with what God is calling you to do this year “I can _________!”
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. Genesis 1:1-2 NLT
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8 ESV
Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. Then he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day” and the darkness “night.” And evening passed and morning came, marking the first day. Genesis 1:3-5 NLT
[the Devil] has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies. John 8:44
Then God said, “Let there be a space between the waters, to separate the waters of the heavens from the waters of the earth.” ...God called the space “sky.” And evening passed and morning came, marking the second day. Genesis 1:6-8 NLT
Then God said, “Let the waters beneath the sky flow together into one place, so dry ground may appear.” And that is what happened. God called the dry ground “land” and the waters “seas.” And God saw that it was good. Then God said, “Let the land sprout with vegetation…all sorts of seed-bearing plants, and trees with seed-bearing fruit…And God saw that it was good. And evening passed and morning came, marking the third day.” Genesis 1:9-13 NLT
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Psalm 37:23 NLT
Long before he laid down earth’s foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!). Ephesians 1:4-5a MSG
Multitudes, multitudes, in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision. Joel 3:14 ESV