There are things we can do now to prepare for what’s next
· What do professional athletes do to prepare for game day?
· What’s the first thing you see when you look in a mirror?
· The power of God’s word is in the “doing.” What does that statement really mean to you?
· What does a life fully devoted to God look like?
· What would it look like to love the people in your life the way Jesus loves? Even the ones you don’t like…
· Has there been a time you felt God calling you to action? Can you share that story with the group?
· What reflections are you seeing in the mirror but not acting on?
Dear Jesus, thank you for loving us. Thank you for calling us to attend the Big C (church). Thank you for helping us know we need to serve your church, join a LifeGroup with others, give to your church and bring new people to share what we experience every week at Church Unlimited. We ask that you remind us that we have the will to intentionally take action on these things now that we know what You’ve called us to do. In Your precious and holy name we pray. Amen.
· You may already have a list of what you need to do for what is next. Be Intentional by taking action this week to get you closer to completing or achieving what is next for you.
· Discuss how each of you can go out of your way to show love to people in your lives that are far from God, then do it this week. Write down their names and make it happen.
· Be intentional about living out “The U”! Do one (or more!) of The U elements that you are not already doing: UATTEND (as a weekly habit), USERVE (using your gifts and talents at church), UGROUP (continue to plug in with LifeGroups), UTITHE (be cheerfully obedient to God’s word on giving), and UBRING (someone new to church).
“...will be blessed in what you do.” James 1:25 NIV
“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.” James 1:22-24 NIV
“But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom and continues in it — not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it — they will be blessed in what they do.” James 1:25 NIV
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” Matthew 7:24 NIV