God Hears You week 1
How to Pray
Review this week's message.
When life gets hard know that God hears your prayers.
“Will you be faithful to God even when life doesn’t make sense?” –Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Would you rather go skiing or surfing?
- What’s your favorite cold weather drink?
- Would you rather travel back in time or travel to the future?
- What is your favorite worship song out right now?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- Why is it important to receive forgiveness?
- Does God promise to give us what we need or what we want?
- How do you surrender to God’s will?
- Why is it sometimes the hardest person to forgive is yourself?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- What is something that you can praise God for right now?
- How does God want us to pray?
- What is something you’ve been holding on to that you need to surrender to God?
- Do you know to what or where God is calling you? Are you following through on it?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, thank you for always being present and ready to hear our prayers. Help our lives be honoring and pleasing to you. In your name we pray, Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Write down 5 things that you can praise God for today.
- Create a prayer list of things you need and commit to praying over them this week.
- If you need to seek forgiveness, commit to doing so this week.
- Ask for God’s help to avoid temptation and invite a friend to hold you accountable.
Jesus said, “This is how you should pray: “Father, may your name be kept holy. May your Kingdom come soon. Luke 11:2
Give us each day the food we need.. Luke 11:3
..and forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. Luke 11:4a
..And don’t let us yield to temptation.” Luke 11:4b