Father’s Day 2020 - Pastor Phillip Borden
Review this week's message.
We all need a Father’s faith
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What’s your best Dad Joke?
- What’s your favorite summer tradition?
- What is a wise saying or lesson you’ve heard from your dad or father figure in your life?
- What’s the longest amount of time you’ve ever been totally alone?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- How does the faith of a father give life?
- How can Jairus’s example of faith encourage us with trusting God with our children?
- How can you take how Jesus models authority and use it to improve how you model authority?
- Why do so many men willingly trade time with their family for career advancement?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- What does the word “father” mean to you? How about “daddy”?
- While not everyone has an earthly father, we all have a Heavenly Father. Who is someone you can share your faith with and offer them the chance to receive His salvation?
- How are you going to lead your family in the faith?
- For those who serve at church, how has that changed you? For those who don’t what’s stopping you?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, thank you for loving us. I pray for you to increase my faith like Jairus and the sick woman so that I can lead my family, friends, and others around me into a relationship with you. We ask all this in your precious name, amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Lead your family, or a group of friends, in at least one faith filled activity this week (Bible study, family prayer, serving together, etc.).
- A lot of people, especially kids and students, are growing up without a positive mentor in their life. Get involved with Kids Unlimited or CU Students and be that person for someone who needs it! If you feel called to mentor an adult instead, ask your LifeGroup Pastor about getting involved in UGROW.
- God let you wake up this morning for a reason. Every day for the next week, when you first wake up, ask Jesus to show you why he woke you up that morning.
When they came to the home of the synagogue leader, Jesus saw much commotion and weeping and wailing. He went inside and asked, “Why all this commotion and weeping? The child isn’t dead; she’s only asleep.” Mark 5:38-39 NLT
Holding her hand, he said to her, “Talitha koum,” which means “Little girl, get up!” And the girl, who was twelve years old, immediately stood up and walked around! They were overwhelmed and totally amazed. Mark 5:41-42 NLT
A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding. She had suffered a great deal from many doctors, and over the years she had spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she had gotten worse. She had heard about Jesus, so she came up behind him through the crowd and touched his robe. For she thought to herself, “If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed.” Immediately the bleeding stopped, and she could feel in her body that she had been healed of her terrible condition.
Mark 5:25-29 NT
“I tell you the truth, anyone who believes has eternal life.” John 6:47 NLT
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8 ESV