For greater things to happen we must give God instant obedience
· Do you struggle hearing from God? Why do you think you do?
· What would our community look like if everyone behaved like the church in Acts 2:42-47 (see below)?
· What past miracles help you believe in God to do great things again?
· What might it look/feel like if God were to call you to action?
· What might happen in your life if you were to try and out-give God right now?
· Why does remembering God’s past miracles help give you hope for the future?
· Have you ever had an internal argument with God? If you’re comfortable doing so, share it with the Group and how it turned out.
· Share a miracle you’ve either seen or heard about. Why did that event move you?
· When was a time your obedience to God was answered with a miracle?
Dear Jesus, thank you for loving us. It is for your glory we have been miraculously blessed. Please forgive us when we aren’t instantly obedient. Help us to recognize your voice and your commands in our lives. Help us to give you our YES! We ask that you come into our lives, our hearts and our minds, that you reshape us and use us to work miracles in and through our church and the community we are in. We ask all this in your precious and holy name. Amen.
· Voice an idea of a great, God-sized thing you could do to bless the church through God-sized obedience – chose one or more ideas and commit to acting on them.
· As a group, pray that God will clearly show you where He wants your obedience so He can work miracles in and through you individually and as a group.
They forgot what he had done— the great wonders he had shown them, the miracles he did for their ancestors on the plain of Zoan in the land of Egypt. For he divided the sea and led them through, making the water stand up like walls! In the daytime he led them by a cloud, and all night by a pillar of fire. He split open the rocks in the wilderness to give them water, as from a gushing spring. He made streams pour from the rock, making the waters flow down like a river! Psalm 78:11-16 NLT
“...each generation should set its hope anew on God, not forgetting his glorious miracles and obeying his commands. Then they will not be like their ancestors— stubborn, rebellious, and unfaithful, refusing to give their hearts to God.” Psalm 78:7-8 NLT
Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19 AMP
But God’s not finished. He’s waiting around to be gracious to you. He’s gathering strength to show mercy to you. God takes the time to do everything right—everything. Those who wait around for him are the lucky ones. Isaiah 30:18 MSG
They were continually and faithfully devoting themselves to the instruction of the apostles, and to fellowship, to eating meals together and to prayers. A sense of awe was felt by everyone, and many wonders and signs (miracles) were taking place through the apostles. And all those who had believed [in Jesus as Savior] were together and had all things in common. And they began selling their property and possessions and were sharing the proceeds with all [the other believers], as anyone had need. Day after day they met in the temple continuing with one mind, and breaking bread in various private homes. They were eating their meals together with joy and generous hearts, praising God continually, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord kept adding to their number daily those who were being saved. Acts 2:42-47 AMP