Be Worth Following week 3
Review this week's message.
Leaders have good systems in place that help them succeed.
4 Steps to an effective system to reach your goals:
- Recruit the right people to your team. (the who)
- Set a goal with clear measurables. (the what)
- Determine the steps to take to accomplish the goal. (the how)
- Always tie your goals and plans to saving lives. (the why)
”You don’t reach your goal because you set it. You reach your goal because of the system you have in place.” – Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- Who is someone you know that is really organized? How can you tell they’re organized? Give us details.
- What would you do if you were falsely accused and thrown in prison, like Joseph?
- Have you ever seen a team that clearly had the right people? What did that look like? How about a team with the wrong mix of people?
- What do you think about the quote: “you don’t rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems.”?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Every person has systems in place in their life, but some are better than others. What do you think makes a good system different from a bad system?
- What barriers in your life can stop you from executing a good system?
- What area in our life do we typically not think to set a goal, but need to? What system can we put in place to reach it?
- Where in your life do you need to add a system(s) in order to reach your goal(s)?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
- What is a big dream of yours that you haven’t reached yet? What do you need to forget so you can move forward and be fruitful?
- What barrier in your life has been holding you back from creating a better system? How has it limited you in reaching your full potential?
- What is your number one motivation to reach your goals?
- Pastor Bil talked about adjusting your systems as you move towards your goal; where in your life are you ready to go to the next level and how can you adjust your system to get you there?
Dear Jesus, we want to live up to our full potential in this life. Help us to honestly assess where we are today in relation to where we want to be. Help us to implement good systems so that we can accomplish more and help more people. Let our goals be about helping and saving people. We’ll give you all the glory for it. In your name we pray, Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Share a win: What goal have you achieved as a result of having a good system in place?
- Find an accountability partner in this group, share your system with one another, then commit to checking in once a week to hold each other to it.
- Establish WHY you want to achieve your goal by linking it to how your goal(s) will help people change their lives. Even better, link your goals to helping people have a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Define out loud to the group what you’ve been putting off, describe the system that will help you accomplish it and decide to start on it today, then ask the group to encourage you and hold you accountable.
And when Joseph left Pharaoh’s presence, he inspected the entire land of Egypt. Genesis 41:46b
He piled up huge amounts of grain like sand on the seashore. Finally, he stopped keeping records because there was too much to measure. Genesis 41:49 NLT
“Therefore, Pharaoh should find an intelligent and wise man and put him in charge of the entire land of Egypt. Then Pharaoh should appoint supervisors over the land Genesis 41:33-34a
…let them collect one-fifth of all the crops during the seven good years. Genesis 41:34b
Have them gather all the food produced in the good years that are just ahead and bring it to Pharaoh’s storehouses. Store it away, and guard it so there will be food in the cities. Genesis 41:35 NLT
That way there will be enough to eat when the seven years of famine come to the land of Egypt. Otherwise this famine will destroy the land.” Genesis 41:36 NLT
Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin… Zechariah 4:10