At the Movies 2021 week 1
Walk the Line
Review this week's message.
Remember who you are in Christ
“When you start to know who you are, the devil will try to tell you who you are not.”- Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What were your favorite movies growing up?
- Where would you build your dream home?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- If you could have lunch with anyone, past or present, who would it be?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- What does it mean to be chosen by God?
- What does it mean to have a “father wound”?
- What are some of the traps of the world aimed at distracting us from our God-given purpose?
- How can we protect ourselves from the spiritual attacks we face internally and externally?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Tell the group about a time where you felt the enemy attacking you’re God-given identity.
- What would you want people to remember about you when you’re no longer here on this earth?
- How has God given you confidence during a time when you felt inadequate?
- You are chosen by God. Period. How does that make you feel?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, may you put any broken pieces in my heart back together and remind me who I am in you. Give me hope and peace that only you can give me. Thank you for loving me Jesus. Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Become a friend or family member’s cheerleader. Encourage them with the promises of God and who He says they are!
- Pray that God will heal your heart of any past wounds in your life.
- Write down a personal mission statement that you want to be remembered by. Commit every day to living that mission statement out.
Teacher, which is the most important commandment..?” Jesus replied, “‘You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:36-40 NLT
“There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” John 15:13 NLT
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. “John 3:16 NIV
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations… Matthew 28:18-19a NIV
“Then the master told his servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full.” Luke 14:23 NIV
“Be alert and of sober mind. You’re enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.” 1 Peter 5:8 NIV