At the Movies 2021 week 4
Review this week's message.
It’s time to fight for your family.
“You are never too far gone for God’s love to bring you back home.” - Pastor Bil Cornelius
“Fight against division and fight for restoration” - Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- What is something on your bucket list?
- If you had your own talk show, who would your first guest be?
- What is something that makes you laugh?
- How did you Hear about Church Unlimited?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- What does it look like to fight for your family?
- Why is it important for us to forgive others?
- Why is it when we are hurt, there is the temptation to be cruel?
- When triggered, do you implode or explode?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
- Have you ever felt like you were too far gone for God to bring you back home? If so, why?
- Have you ever been hurt by a family member? How did you overcome it?
- What are some ways you can show grace to those who have hurt you?
- How can you show someone forgiveness this week?
Dear Jesus, give me the courage and the strength to forgive those who have hurt me. Help me to remember that I should forgive them because you forgave me of my sins as well. Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Start praying for a forgiving heart.
- Pray specificly for the person who has hurt you every day this week.
- Tell the person who hurt you, ”I forgive you” even if they haven’t apologized.
- Ask for forgiveness from someone you’ve hurt.
“Do the best you can to live in peace with everyone.”- Romans 12:18 ERV
“Our fight is not against people on earth. We are fighting against the rulers and authorities and the powers of this world’s darkness. We are fighting against spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly places.”- Ephesians 6:12 ERV
“No, not seventy times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven!”- Matthew 18:22 NLT
“Then as I looked over the situation, I called together the nobles and the rest of the people and said to them, “Don’t be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!”- Nehemiah 4:14 NLT