At The Movies 2020 week 4
Review this week's message.
We should always be looking for a way to reach out to others about Jesus.
“God’s greatest desire is for us to know him and love him.” – Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What’s the most severe natural event you’ve ever experienced?
- What’s a cool plot for a movie that you’d like to see someone in Hollywood make?
- If you survived a Tsunami like this, what would you do to help?
- If you could visit the area where your favorite movie took place where would you go?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- Why is it important for us to share our faith?
- Why is it Christ-like to serve others while we are in the middle of our own storms?
- What stands out to you about how God will leave His found people to find that one lost person? Why do you think He would do that?
- How can you make the world around you a better place every day?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- When was a time that someone reached out to you and made a difference in your life?
- How have you seen an invite to church positively impact someone?
- What actions will you take so that God’s light shines brightly through you?
- When was a time that you supported someone going through a hard time?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, thank you for your endless pursuit of us. Give us divine opportunities this week to share our faith and bring people into a relationship with you. In your name we pray, Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Everywhere we go we are called to be a witness for Christ. Think of someone that God has placed on your heart today and give them a call or text. Let them know that you are thankful for them and that God has placed them on your heart! Let the conversation start from there and see what happens!
- Lives are changed all the time by strangers who serve God by serving the needs of others. Be that stranger. Commit to serving others through serving at Church Unlimited. You can review information here https://churchunlimited.com/theu under the UServe heading.
- Make a list of things the group can do collectively to save lost people, pick the one that the group likes the best, then put it into action this week.
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” Luke 19:10 NIV
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16 NIV
“ ‘For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them. As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness. Ezekiel 34:11-12 NIV
I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. Luke 15:7 NIV