Asking For A Friend: Week One
with Pastor Bil Cornelius and Pastor Zacc Young
Review this week's message.
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- When does Christmas start.. November 1st or the day after Thanksgiving?
- What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
- What are some “weird” questions you've had about Christianity or God?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- Have you ever feared losing your salvation? How does knowing that you can't ever “out-sin” God's grace make you feel?
- Be honest, does it offend you that even someone like Jeffrey Dahmer could accept Christ and be with Him in Heaven forever? Why or why not?
- Do you notice a difference in your spiritual life when you listen to secular music or watching dark movies vs when you don't? How can you guard your heart?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
- Do you believe in having friends of the opposite sex if you are married? Do you have any guardrails in your own relationship surrounding people of the opposite sex?
- You can trust God and get medical help at the same time. Have you ever felt ashamed of needing to take medication or see a mental health professional as a Christian?
- What stuck out to you from this week's message?
God, thank you for giving me wisdom for all things! Help me to seek you more this week. Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
Plan a Christmas movie night or Friendsgiving with your Lifegroup!