30 Second Theology 2020
Review this week's message.
The Word of God has every answer you need to lead an impactful life.
“Friends don’t let friends go to hell.” – Pastor Bil Cornelius
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Which commercial from the message stood out to you the most?
- Do you have a favorite sports team? If so, who?
- If you could be a star in sports, movies or something else what would you be?
- What is your favorite commercial of all-time?
Start thinking. Ask a thoughtful question.
- Is popularity a good measurement for success?
- What are we demonstrating when we abandon self-interest when helping others?
- It’s estimated the average American sees over 5,000 ads every day. What impact do you think that has on us? What impact does it have on you?
- How much influence do you think media has in our lives? Does this thought encourage or worry you about the kind of media you are consuming?
Start sharing. Choose questions that create openness.
- The people you impact matter more than the things you accomplish. Who has impacted you?
- Have you ever felt left behind? Tell the group about it.
- Companies go all out for Super Bowl commercials (Some spend $5 million for just 30 seconds!); what is something you can do to go all out for God’s kingdom this month?
- The Dwayne Wade commercial was all about love and encouragement; who is someone you need to tell/show your appreciation for this week and why?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
Dear Jesus, thank you for reminding us that the people in our lives matter far more than the things we accomplish or stuff we accumulate. Please never let us forget this. In your precious name we pray, Amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Dwyane Wade is one of the best basketball players to ever play the game, but he wants to be known for more than just basketball. He wants to be known as someone who has a personal impact on people’s lives. Do you want to be known for the same? Find someone this week that you can show the love of Christ and impact at a point of need.
- It’s easy to get discouraged when we don’t get recognition for our accomplishments. Scripture says to seek approval from God only. Take a step back and evaluate the areas of your life where you are looking for man’s approval, and surrender those desires to God.
- Tell the group about someone you love, someone who has impacted your life – then make sure you tell that person, this week, exactly what you told the group.
- Pastor Bil reminded us that the answers to most of our problems can be found in the bible. Tell the group about a problem you have, then – as a team – find scriptures to solve your problem.
So his master said, ‘Go out into the country lanes and behind the hedges and urge anyone you find to come, so that the house will be full. Luke 14:23 NLT
“So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear? These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Matthew 6:31-32 NLT
Come near to God and he will come near to you. James 4:8 NIV
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7 NLT
I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13 NIV
Don’t be stupid. Instead, find out what the Lord wants you to do. Ephesians 5:17 CEV
Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Phil 2:3 NLT
But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,”… Hebrews 3:13
Give your gifts in private, and your Father, who sees everything, will reward you. Matthew 6:4